Mommyo and Daddyo's Time Off

After such a long week, Hubby and I decided that we needed time off from being "Mommyo and Daddyo". So, we went out on a lunch date after hearing mass last Sunday. Our Chapter (in CFC) were the sponsor of the 12noon mass so we heard mass at Christ the King Parish.

I was planning for an intimate lunch at Gayuma Resto in Katipunan but to our dismay, this resto is not open anymore or not in it's supposed-to-be location. Or probably transferred to a new place!? Sayang, I've been hearing about this place for quite sometime now.

Anyway, since UP was just near the area, I suggested that we go to Chocolate Kiss Cafe (CKC). So off to UP we went!

When we got there, I was really huuuungry, so I was really hoping that I got the right address (I forgot the exact address --> yeah, keep on forgetting things, there's epidural to blame! hehe!). And good thing, CKC was in the 1st floor, so we saw it immediately.

The place was jampacked! It was small but nice. You can immediately see the dessert station right the moment you enter the place. It looks good!

Hubby liked it. I can see it in his face. I was wondering what would be his reaction if we went to Gayuma Resto (they said it was really a romantic place - oh well, enough of my "what ifs". I just hope somebody would tell me where is it located now!). We ordered immediately. I had Chix in a basket. Hubby ordered for salisbury steak.

The menu


Chix in a Basket - yummy!


I was happy with my food and so is Hubby. Actually, I ate some of his food too! Haha! I was that hungry!

After the main meal, we ordered for coffee and dessert. They had this "Triple Treat" where you get to taste 3 cakes.

Triple Treat!


There's Prune Cake, Devil's Food Cake, and Kahlua Something (couldn't remember exactly). Well, nothing special here. Probably because their specialty are cheesecakes, and I'm not really into cheesecakes? Hmmm... But at least coffee was great!

It was a great lunch and a perfect time off indeed! If we would be in the area one of these days, I would definitely go back to this place again. And this time, maybe I should try their pasta and cheesecake (?). :)

4 Response to "Mommyo and Daddyo's Time Off"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    November 15, 2006 9:45 PM

    Yes, we parents need time off from our kids... just like our kids need some time off from us.

  2. Mich says:
    November 16, 2006 10:05 AM

    @jo - pero after a while (like an hour or so) nakaka-miss na din ang kids. hehehe! ;)

  3. fayenget says:
    November 16, 2006 3:50 PM

    hmm.. ganyan din kaya mararamdaman ko kung may baby na kami? i bet!! =)

  4. Mich says:
    November 17, 2006 2:53 PM

    @faye - yeah, pa-minsan-minsan gusto mo ng time off. kaso after awhile, ma-mmiss mo din agad. hehe! ;)