You know this one is not the original version but I like this better than the original.♥
** Acoustic Cover from Shawn Mendes **
Are you a parent who would LOVE your kids to LOVE reading as well? Here's a nice read I found at Momcenter.com.ph...
Encouraging Reading At Early Age By Celine Villadares
Many parents focus solely on the developmental milestones of their children and at times tend to neglect establishing healthy habits that they can adapt at early age. While most parents are aware that listening to children’s songs and reading story books are necessary routines, they must grasp the importance of establishing this healthy routine for more beneficial gains in the future. Here are some ways to encourage reading early on:
Read Books to Your Kids:
They say that reading books as early as the time of pregnancy helps develop the bond between the parents and the unborn child. Aside from that, introducing this activity early on builds a solid foundation on literacy which could be helpful in the future once your child has entered school. Imagine raising one who is inclined to such knowledge loving past time! 🙂
Provide Varieties of Materials and Space at Home:
One way to boost the appetite of your child to books is to have a specified space for them—library! It doesn’t have to be big one, a small corner for bookshelves filled with interesting books and mind you- age appropriate books for their level- may inspire them to love books.
Helps Develops Communication Skills:
Early exposure to books may help children to be familiar with sounds and words. It helps build vocabulary and sound differentiation when it comes to linguistic aspect of learning. In this way, as you guide him in his developmental milestone, you can also spot early signs of delayed development in the aspect of speech.
Boosts Creativity and Imagination:
Children’s curiosity and creativity get to them as they grow. Help boost these by providing materials that satisfy for a child’s exploring minds. You might never know, you might be raising the next J.K. Rowling of the young generation!
Establishing a Good and Healthy Habit:
Playing has an important role in the development of a child in many aspects, encouraging a child to engage into learning opportunities, on the other hand, such as reading help him increase his concentration and cultivate a mind that has a love for knowledge.
Most parents desire to raise a smart and knowledge-loving child. With the latest technological gadgets everywhere, it is safe to say that providing a healthy environment that promotes learning and establishing activities that boost healthy routines such as reading can help you as parents achieve the best for your child.
Finally, we were able to enter DisneySEA and settled down. And now we have decided to check out American Waterfront for our first stop...
We lined up for "Turtle Talk" and wow, it took us almost 2 hours for this attraction! Argh! Good thing we were still strong and able and the cold wasn't that bad YET.
We weren't allowed to take photos inside but this attraction is purely Japanese. Meaning the conversations were in Nihonggo. We couldn't relate AT ALL!
Here, in the Undersea Observatory inside the S.S. Columbia, who do you see through the underwater window, but Crush the sea turtle, swimming happily through the open seas! This is a theater-type attraction in which you can converse with Crush, so go on and talk to him. He loves having conversations. Duration: 30mins.
The kids enjoyed this still but maybe next time, we'll definitely SKIP this. (*wink*)
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
- Currently Reading: 39 Clues Series: Operation Trinity by Clifford Riley
- The Jewel by Amy Ewing
- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
- Started Providence by Jamie McGuire but didn't like it so, DNF.
- The Things We Can't Change Series by Kassandra Kush:
- The Prologue
- The Struggle
- The Healing
- The Love Story
- Currently Reading: The Epilogue
- The Crown and the Arrow (book 0.5) by Renee Ahdieh
- The Wrath and The Dawn (book 1) by Renee Ahdieh
- The Mirror and the Maze (book 1.5) by Renee Ahdieh
- The Rose and The Dagger (book 2) by Renee Ahdieh
- Forgotten by Cat Patrick
- Currently Reading: Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- Soul of the Stones Book 1: Cornerstone by Kelly Walker (DNF)
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer Book 1 by Michelle Hodkin
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer Book 2 by Michelle Hodkin
- Currently Readin: The Retribution of Mara Dyer Book 3 by Michelle Hodkin
What movies and/or TV shows did I watch this month?
- Once Upon a Time Season 4
- Dragon Heart
- SuperGirl Season1, Episode 1
- Homeless in Harvard
- The Man in the Iron Mask
What special days did I celebrate and how?
- Family Day
- Kid #2's Birthday!
- CFC CTK Chapter Christmas Party
- Chikadoras Christmas Party
- CFC Household Christmas Party
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
- I had a couple of sinusitis and allergies :(
What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
- The kids played soccer
- Went to Kid #2's Family Day in School
- Went to Migo's 7th birthday party
- Went to BFF Iyah's 7th Birthday Sparty
- Went to Kidzania for another whole day of FUN, WORK and PLAY
- Met up with my Frience since Grade School, Pamela and her daughter Claudia
- Went to RedBox, Greenbelt for Christmas Party with Chikadoras ♥
What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
- Balboa for Dinner and Movie Date
- Fely J's
- Manila Penn's Cheesecake. YUM!
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
- Bought an off shoulder top from Trippy Swag ♥
What have you learned this month?
1. FUN weekend with friends and family
2. Met up with my GS classmate. Nice to see her after 15 years!
3. Freshly Baked Cookies
4. Christmas Parties are starting! Woot!
5. Friends, friends, friends
7. Birthday Parties! ♥
9. Hugs & Kisses
To know how this started and credits of the header, click here.
26 days to go before Christmas. WOW. That was fast! So far I'm done with all the Christmas shopping for friends, inlaws, relatives and the kids. And now, for the Husband. If you've been here in my blog you will know by now that my Husband looooves to play the guitar. So, yes you would have guessed what I'm thinking to give him this Christmas.
I came across guitar center modesto and it looks so nice. I can already see how much he will like it. He already owns a guitar so an accessory would be a great idea!
We are also planning of renovating one room in our house to convert it into a music room, soooooo, this is definitely the perfect gift for him. What do you think? (*wink*)
So now have you guessed what is our itinerary for this particular day?
YES, we are at the "happiest place on earth"!
We've been soooo looking forward for this for years. I've been wanting to visit Disney SEA for years now and finally we're here.
The last time we were in a Disney park which was in Hongkong was 2010. After 6 years, we are finally back!
The long wait was so, so worth it! The kids are bigger now and they appreciate the rides (so much!). They look forward to the food and most importantly the shows!
Watch out for more photos and stories about our Disney SEA adventure soon! (*wink*)(*wink*)(*wink*)