What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
- Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern
- The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
- Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
- Erasing Time by C.J. Hill
- When it Happens by Susan Colasanti
- The Fox Inheritance by Mary E. Pearson
- Fox Forever by Mary E. Pearson
What movies and/or TV shows did I watch this month?
- The Adventures of Tintin
- Letters to Juliet
- Eat, Pray, Love
- The Duchess
- Begin Again
What special days did I celebrate and how?
- Moyra's Confirmation
- Tisha & Nathiel's birthdays
- The kids' good grades for the first trimester. YEY!!!
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
- I got flu and a bad cough. Ugh!
- The kids had viral rashes for days. Thank God we are all better now.
What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
- Meetup with my highschool friends ♥
- Moyra's Confirmation
- Kid #2's field trip (Manila Ocean Park and Pinocchio)
- Me time at CBTL while waiting for my friends
What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
- CBTL's capuccino
- Friday's Asian salad, Grilled pork chops and seafood pasta
- Japanese food in Takashi, Pioneer Center
- Sumo Sam lunch after Moyra's Confirmation rites
- Army Navy's burger, quesadilla, freedom fries and libertea iced tea
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
- This month I was good. Really really good because I was able to control myself to SHOP. Woot, woot!
What have you learned this month?
- Deut 26:16. This is now my own favorite verse. While my friends and I were talking about some verses in the Bible, the focus was suddenly (and mysteriously) shifted to this verse.
The Lord talked to us through this verse. And I'm very much thankful.
- Lately I've been feeling down (especially when I got sick) and for lack of achievements lately and lack of funds to shop (teehee!) and probably the thought of not being able to go out of town just like before because we are committed to the kids' school and activities that we have to prioritize it. I came across this video and I captured the lesson implied:
Please God, not men. I got the message eventually (and towards the end of the month). That GOD has greater plans for us. We may not be doing something today (except for errands, cleaning the house, taking good care of the kids, etc), it may not seem important now but in the long run, God will show us that it is part of the bigger picture, the grand plan for our lives.
- Walk by faith, not by sight. This is related to the above lesson. We may not know the reasons why we are having challenges and trials now, but eventually God will use to for HIS glory.
- God has better plans in store for us, let us CLAIM it and BE HAPPY!