Donuts, anyone!?

Everyone's raving about "the coming" of the famous Krispy Kreme in the Philippines. Lori and Anton were lucky (or should I say, blessed!?) to be chosen as one of the people who get to taste Krispy Kreme donuts for FREE! Lucky them!

As everyone's getting more and more excited, I suddenly wondered, what will happen to our very own Go Nuts Donuts? Would people still consider them when the "internationally-known" donut is about to invade the country?


With this, I started craving for Go Nuts Donuts and asked Hubby last night to buy 3 (1 glazed and 2 mochas) for me, just to remember how it tastes like. I remember I had these right after I gave birth (yes, since, I had GDM, so I was not allowed to eat ANY dessert!) last March this year.

Go Nuts Donuts - something we Pinoys should be proud of...

Honey Glazed and Mocha (both lite, yes, less sugar!)

Hubby had a taste of the mocha. He loves it! Of course being a dessert lover, he would love everything with sugar, OR worst, lots of sugar! hehe!

I get to taste the mocha just today for my snacks. It's a little too sweet for my taste, I guess (even if it's lite!). It's just goes to show that hormones were ruling over me when I was craving for it during pregnancy. But, dessert lovers will surely love this! You know, "melts-in-your-mouth-kind-of-donut"! Hubby can attest to that! ;)

And now, a new addition to the donut industry...Krispy Kreme. It suddenly dawned on me, why would people get too excited for the opening of this? Well, maybe it would be best to mark down my calendar for this "big" event and try it myself!

So, see you all on November 30, 2006 for the opening of Krispy Kreme! And find out why would our food bloggers say that this is truly a dream coming true!? ;)

4 Response to "Donuts, anyone!?"

  1. Unknown says:
    November 18, 2006 12:07 AM

    donuts! yum~....hmmm...kelan kaya darating dito ang go nuts donuts? buti may dunkin, kaya sa bavarian parin naloloka ang lola...

  2. Ers says:
    November 18, 2006 12:45 PM

    go nuts donuts is on my food to eat when i get back there. ;))

    where will the shop of krispy kreme be located? might try.

    have a great weekend!

  3. Mich says:
    November 20, 2006 10:31 AM

    @idealpinkrose - hello! alam mo, sometimes dunkin pa din ako. :)

    @princess of cj - krispy kreme's store will open at the fort and one at sm megamall. naku, expect long lines daw! ;)

  4. MrsPartyGirl says:
    November 21, 2006 1:23 PM

    i used to drool over krispy kremes nung first few months ko sa US. pero once i got my fill of them, nakaka-umay pala, hehe. i don't even let my daughter eat those. otherwise, she'll be bouncing off the walls from all that sugar, hehe! anyway, enjoy those glazed yummers :)