A Light and Not-so-Sweet Caramel Cake

During my father-in-law's birthday I think 2 years ago, someone gave him a really, really good cake, and it's Caramel! I'm the person who hates caramel (and I dont know why, probably because its tooo sweeet!). But this, I loved! But the thing is, I forgot to ask where this cake came from. She only mentioned that it's from TIMOG. And I told myself, I'm gonna find it!

Then when I read lori's blog about the 10 Best Desserts in Manila*, I vowed to try all those. One of them is Estrel's Caramel Cake...Soft, Light, and Not-Too-Sweet...Could it be the "one"?

Perfect timing: My Mom's birthday (Sept. 5, 2006)

As a gift for Ma on her Birthday, we ordered an 8" (with filling) Caramel Cake. We had to pick it up from Timog! Of course, I asked Hubby to drive (before Ma's party) and we brought Baby Alex with us. It was a long ride (I guess) because Baby Alex and I fell asleep. Hihi.

We had dinner when we got home. Then came the most awaited part: Dessert!

I was impressed by how the cake was made, with all the flowery designs, and the greetings! They were able to fit our loooong greeting for Ma. And the icing flowers on top of it, I love it!



Estrel's Caramel Cake - Isn't it Amazing?

The cake is amazing from it's look to it's taste. It was the Caramel Cake that I've been looking for! The icing was so smooth, the chiffon cake was really soft and light, and to top it all, it was NOT-SO-SWEET. Yummy!

I would definitely order for more of this one.


Estrel's
3722965

* http://dessertcomesfirst.blogspot.com/2005/06/10-best-desserts-in-manila-and.html

2 Response to "A Light and Not-so-Sweet Caramel Cake"

  1. Ers says:
    September 23, 2006 10:22 AM

    i dont have sweet tooth so i guess this light and no so sweet cake will do to my taste. if i get back to manila. =D

  2. Mich says:
    September 25, 2006 12:36 PM

    Hi princess of cj! Nku, it's a must! You should try it! ;)