We had a Blast in Bicol! (Saturday)

The first thing that comes into my mind when I hear "Bicol" is the super looong trip (max 15 hours) and the "zig-zaggy" roads that would make you feel dizzy. I hated it! So, when my parents in-law offered a free trip to Bicol (by plane) to witness the turn-over of my Mommy-in-law as Hermana Mayor, Hubby and I immediately jumped at this offer! But this would mean, packing the stuff (that would be lots!) of Baby Alex and a possible uneasiness at the plane. But, what the heck! This is better than travelling by car in 15 hours!

October 14, 2006 - I woke up around 330am (excited ang Mommy for Baby Alex' first plane ride!). Our flight was 7am. I was just so "praning" about everything. If we would leave something important, what if the water for her milk won't be permitted in the plane, what if we will be late because of the security checks, etc. Then, I realized, hey, this is a vacation, why would I be so stressed out? So, I've decided to just let it be and just go with the flow.

Thanks to Dandy for bringing us to the airport. We arrived there around 545am. We were early, I guess. Hubby went straight to the check-in counter. And then after a few minutes, we were inside the departure area. Everything was a breeze! They didn't even checked Baby's bag for the bottles and milk. And all throughout, we were just calm. And, funny thing is every security personnel would smile at Baby Alex and try to touch her hand. Alex on the other hand, would just look at them with the "kunot" forehead. :) We had snacks/breakfast at Mister Donut (coffee too strong for me!) before boarding time.

We didn't notice that it was boarding time already. Hubby was still buying mamon. But, it's ok since, there aren't that much people going to Legazpi anyway. I was observing Baby Alex' reaction about everything, but, she managed to be calm, quiet, and just observing.

The moment that I've been dreading about, take-off. Luckily, the moment we sat down the plane and the moment Baby Alex held her "lampin" (security lampin), she immediately fell asleep! She was such an angel! She slept almost the entire flight and just woke up when she heard us getting excited about Mayon Volcano.

Mayon Volcano was such a wonderful sight! We saw the whole thing while we were up in the plane and took some pictures. It's really amazing how God created this volcano.

Mayon Volcano - Closer look
what a perfect creation!

Mayon Volcano
amazing!

The plane landed around 755am. Again, Baby Alex' was so behaved. :)

After getting our bags, we saw Joy immediately. Then, we were off to the Ruins of Cagsaua Church. This is so famous in Legazpi. I think everyone who visits Legazpi would never fail to drop by this place.

Unlike three years ago (tourists were everywhere!), we were the only ones who were there. Some shops were even closed. And I haven't mentioned that the whole town of Legazpi (and Sorsogon) is still experiencing brown-out! (It just made me feel blessed that we have electricity at home already)

Anyway, we took pictures of the place. And did a little bit of window shopping.

The whole family
at the ruins of cagsaua church

Ruins of Cagsua Church
ruins of cagsaua church

Since we didn't like the bags sold at this place (kind of expensive, but very cheap compared to Manila prices), we decided to look for the market. We asked around and finally got there after calling up my Mom's friend. There were loooots of abaca bags sold at the "satellite market" and my Mom and I were able to buy little bags for Christmas goodies (yes, I plan and shop early!).

After the market, (and by that time, I was very hungry although forgot about it while shopping) we went to Waway's for lunch. The food was great! But I had to warn you, some are VERY SPICY especially their Bicol Express (which now I call, Sili Express. hehe!).


Waway's
waway's, Legazpi

Chattin' round
waiting for our lunch

Eating time!!
had a great lunch

After lunch, we went to Metro Mall to just hangout before the arrival of Kuya Mike, Jun, Ate and family. We also bought milk and water for Baby Alex.

Well, we already spent our half day in Bicol. Time really flies so fast. But it is only the beginning. I will be back with some kwento on our Saturday afternoon adventure!

5 Response to "We had a Blast in Bicol! (Saturday)"

  1. Ers says:
    October 18, 2006 3:31 PM

    galing naman ni baby alex. well behaved.

    the pix are nice... ;)) great works of your hands and nature!

  2. fayenget says:
    October 18, 2006 5:58 PM

    yan ang worry ko if ever magka-baby ako.. kung behave sa plane. ganda nun place.. =)

  3. Mich says:
    October 19, 2006 10:19 AM

    @princess of cj - thanks!!! yeah, we are really so proud of her! :)

    @faye - naku, bawas na talga ang "lakwatsa" kung baby na. :)

  4. Chi Tomi says:
    October 19, 2006 4:31 PM

    Hey there Mich!

    I loove your blog, hehe. Sure I'll add you to my links :P

    Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

    Have a nice day!

  5. Mich says:
    October 20, 2006 9:05 AM

    hi there michi! thanks! and thanks for dropping by. :)