The First Night and the First Meeting

Hubby and I decided to room-in Baby Andie on our second night at the hospital. We really didn't plan of rooming her in but she haven't nursed for more than 24 hours already so that kept us a bit worried. After I tried to nursed her, the nursery staff prepared her to room-in then after a few minutes, she was sent to our room.

At around 9PM, Baby Andie finally latched on, and guess what happened? She tried to latched on from 9PM to 8 in the morning! Yes, that long. I guess she was that hungry huh? Hubby and I weren't able to get some sleep! It was our first sleepless (literally) night with our second baby girl.

When it was morning, Hubby arranged everything from billing to Doctor's fees until we were able to check out the hospital at around 12NN. We were missing the little girl so much that we wanted to go straight to my Mom's (she was staying there while we were at the hospital). We were excited too since we promised her that Baby Andie will give her a gift when she comes out of Mama's tummy.

So, we fetched her at my Mom's place before heading home. I was carrying Andie. When she entered the car, we immediately showed her Andie, and when she saw her baby sister, she was ecstatic! She became so hyper, she doesn't want to leave Andie. She would say, "My Baby Andie! My Baby Andie!" when we try to bring her down to eat. That day (and night) was really memorable. I can feel the joy and excitement from Ate Alex.

Lately she would look at my tummy and say "No more Baby Andie." Then she would point Baby Andie, and say, "There's baby Andie!".

At first, I couldn't find any jealousy or something from her, but lately, I realized that she's getting hyper everyday, trying to seek some attention. Probably because there came a point that I was nursing for almost every hour! And I couldn't join them (Alex and Dada) during meal times because I'm not allowed to use the stairs yet.

Our nights are getting harder too. Alex would not listen to everything I say. She would look for her Yaya everytime. She would cry suddenly. And this would happen while Andie is hungry again and needs to nurse!

Yes, it is HARD.

So, instead of taking a nap while the two girls are taking a nap, I try to be online to keep me sane. I try to wrap some Christmas gifts just to make me occupied. I read a lot of fashion magazines just to get my mind off where I currently am even for just a few minutes.

I just hope that the adjustment period will end and that everything will go back to normal. Well, our normal routine plus the baby girl of course.

But, for the meantime, all I can do is PRAY.

11 Response to "The First Night and the First Meeting"

  1. Len says:
    December 06, 2008 7:27 PM

    sis i don't know how hard it is (no experience here) but definitely you can carry on with the adjustment period in no time. you got a great family - they are enough reasons to go on! :)

  2. Gracie says:
    December 06, 2008 10:42 PM

    everything will be alright soon, Mich! it may be difficult now, but i'm sure everything will go back to normal. take care!

  3. Jade says:
    December 07, 2008 12:16 AM

    I can totally relate! Ang hirap tantsahin ng big sister noh? Di mo alam kung nagseselos na o naglalambing.

    With the baby naman, ako din ginagawang pacifier. Pag tinanggal mo magigising agad, haayy!

    Good luck to us!

    I like your babies' names.

  4. abie says:
    December 07, 2008 11:37 AM

    ganon ata talaga reaction ng mga bata pag may bago sila kapatid...but i know maka adjust din si alex soon and pati kayo ni marlon..

    take care always..

  5. Anonymous Says:
    December 07, 2008 11:50 AM

    You will get through it!

  6. Peachy says:
    December 08, 2008 12:58 AM

    same here mich. ang hirap talaga hahaha.. pero we can surpass this stage , lalo na ang puyatan.

    gelo's asking kung napupuyat din daw ba si marlon hahaha

  7. Mich says:
    December 08, 2008 11:08 AM

    thank you ladies for the kind words, I really appreciate it!

  8. Ozzy's Mom says:
    December 08, 2008 2:06 PM

    oh my ang hirap cguro may toddler & baby. congrats on your second mich.

  9. Anonymous Says:
    December 08, 2008 2:46 PM

    hi mich! i was just chatting with peachy awhile ago regarding the same thing. hirap to divide time with the two kids noh? ako din si sophia seeks a lot of attention pero no trace of jealousy so far akse i prioritize her lately akse nga may isip na and i dont want her to feel insecure. i guess its not that hard for me kase di naman ako exclusive na breastfeed so i can leave mateo sa yaya when sophia needs me. hay, pero mahirap din pero afetr reading your post parang i should be thankful pa nga but im sure you'll get through it girl. hugs and kisses to you!

  10. Anonymous Says:
    December 08, 2008 3:26 PM

    awww poor mommy. and poor alex too. don't worry mich, lilipas din yan. you can do it :) just try to stay sane. not that i would know but siguro try to include alex when bathing / dressing up the baby, ask her to help you para she feels that she's needed.

  11. Anonymous Says:
    December 16, 2008 8:16 AM

    Lianne wants to join taking care her brother.. so maybe that will help with Alex too. Don't worry lilipas din yan.. :)