I Heart Palawan (Day 4 of 4)

This day was our last day in Palawan. It was mixed feelings. I felt sad and excited all at the same time. Sad because our much awaited vacation is almost over. Excited because we will be seeing Alex again! We missed her very much and we've been talking about her the ENTIRE vacation. You see, it was the first time (after our honeymoon) that Hubby and I went out alone and the first time we left Alex for that long. But according to my Mom, Alex had a great time playing with the other kids at my Mom's place.

Anyway, we had a lot of time to shop for this day because our flight was still at 4:15PM. After breakfast, Hubby and I went to the market to buy some fresh seafoods and some pasalubong. The nice thing about their market is that they have a stall there who would pack your seafoods that would be strong enough for the flight. Yes, you can bring crabs, prawns, shrimps, fish, oh, I loved it! We were able to buy 3 kilos crabs, 2 kilos prawns, and 3 kilos fish. And thinking about it (and confirming the prices here) I hoped I bought some more!

I was able to buy some watches, necklaces, and bracelets for pasalubong in the market too. We were only an hour in the market then went back to the hotel. We took a nap for 30minutes then prepared for our (again) much-awaited lunch at Kalui.

This restaurant was quite popular there. When you ask what restaurant serves seafoods, they would immediately say, Kalui. When we got there, wow, I was impressed.

First you need to go barefoot. No slippers nor shoes allowed in that restaurant (which I guess made it cool!). The restaurant was small so we needed to make a reservation. But since it was lunch time and we were early (we got there around 11 AM), there were not much people. I think they are full at night because the ambiance would be much nicer at night. But since they were close on Sundays we just opted to go there Monday lunch time.

Second, the food was great! For people who love meat, sorry for you guys, they only serve seafoods. :)

Hubby and I ordered for their set meal which is good for two pax. The meal includes appetizer, fish steak, prawns, veggies, steamed fish, rice, and dessert. Aside from this, we ordered sizzling seafoods which is also yummy! I was sooo full that I couldn't stand up from the floor. LOL! You see, we chose the table were we would sit on the floor (bad idea!).

Anyway, the experience here in Kalui was unforgettable. I also love the photos that Hubby took while we were there...

Kalui

Kalui

Kalui

Kalui

Kalui
Guess what is this? An Eggplant!

palawan trip 255

palawan trip 261

palawan trip 262

palawan trip 264

palawan trip 268


After lunch we went back to the hotel to pack our things then waited for the van to bring us to the airport. It arrived around 2PM (they were on time). We were early though because the check-in counter was still closed. But there were already people lining up and waiting for it to open.

The plane was on time and we boarded at the scheduled time. We arrived at around 5:30PM and were so happy to see Alex again!

Another great adventure for Hubby and I. 'Til our next vacation! (*wink*)

1 Response to "I Heart Palawan (Day 4 of 4)"

  1. Mommy Lutchi says:
    February 18, 2008 10:05 PM

    Enjoyed viewing your photos girl, look fun..never been in Palawan yet..maybe someday. TC