Home Sweet Home.

That's what I felt two weekends ago. I went "home" to my hometown to open a shop. It was just a weekend since I don't want to be away from home, hubby and kids too long. It was actually a business trip because I opened a shop there. Just a small shop at my Aunt's place. We are selling a few stuff like accessories, tops and shorts. We are also selling pre-loved bags, shirts and more. I went there Saturday morning (I took the 430AM flight!) and then came back home Monday night. It was a quick getaway but I felt that I was truly "home" for a couple of days. You see, I grew up in Malaybalay, Bukidnon and I stayed there until I was 11 years old until the whole family transferred in Manila. I had a lot of childhood memories there especially in our house and my grandparents' house. Now that my grandparents are gone, my Tita Carol is taking over the house and she really did well. I took a few photos while waiting for our ride on our way to the Church (will post more about the Monastery next week). IMG_8173
Look at our shop! IMG_8187
Noticed the photos of Ate A and Baby A? :) IMG_8188 IMG_8191
That's us! IMG_8195 IMG_8204
My Tita's Collection of Books IMG_8215
Our GIFT for her from Bali... I just lovee taking photos of her house. Everything is classic. Everything is a collectible. The house is huge too, so I bet it was hard to maintain. But surprisingly my Tita was really having a great time taking care of her house. It was a short but sweet visit to my hometown. I was so busy that weekend, not to mention tired that I couldn't find time to be online to chat with Hubby and the kids. I also didn't find the cheap term life insurance that I was supposed to find that weekend. It was one of my to-do list. But anyway since this weekend is a bit relax, I better find an insurance that will suit our budget and lifestyle. Be back with more photos of my Tita's house.

6 Response to "Home Sweet Home."

  1. Gracie says:
    September 30, 2009 10:16 AM

    the house is well-kept, Mich. galing ng Tita mo :) and the pictures are just so precious. it gave the house a more homey feel.

  2. kell Says:
    October 02, 2009 9:12 PM

    good luck with your business, mich!

  3. kelly says:
    October 02, 2009 9:13 PM

    again again :D

    good luck with the business! :)

  4. Mich says:
    October 02, 2009 11:17 PM

    @gracie - yeah i love the house to bits! not to mention my childhood memories in that house :D

    @kelly - thanks kelly!

  5. jody says:
    October 03, 2009 3:32 PM

    Very neat house! Congrats for the new business and good luck too!

  6. Unknown says:
    October 05, 2009 5:04 PM

    Love the picture display!

    Re: insurance, if you find one maybe you can post it here. added your feed to google reader. Thanks

    Chris