Me? Writer? ... who knows?

I found the didache reading today a very inspiring reading. The woman shared how she would always volunteer to write for Didache. Although not all her reflections were published, it didn't discourage her to continue to write. And she shared that to further improve her writing, she attended several workshops, read a lot of books and religiously wrote daily reflections in her scripture diary. And then as the Lord expanded her territories, she became a contributing writer for Kerygma and Fish and later became a Managing Editor.

It made me wonder...what if God is telling me to explore that aspect? I never imagined myself being creative. I used to tell people that I wasn't "gifted" in that aspect of my life. I would tell them that I'm a technical person and I could only work with numbers, programs, and systems. Then, I started out this blog. And I'm never the same person since!

What do I mean by this? After I designed the header of this blog, I started to create Alex photo album using digital scrapbooking. Then I started thinking of doing wedding and Christmas give-aways as a business. It's so new to me but I'm really enjoying it! I realized that I have the "creativeness" in me, after all. :)

So...can I be a writer someday? Who knows... God might be up to something for me... (*wink*)

2 Response to "Me? Writer? ... who knows?"

  1. fayenget says:
    December 08, 2006 6:07 PM

    writer? why not! creative ka pa rin.. i remember yung bulletin board contest natin nun high school..

  2. Mich says:
    December 13, 2006 11:55 AM

    hi faye! haha! oo nga pala noh! enjoy din yung mga panahon na yon. :)