Exploring the Amazing Thailand (Day 2 of 3)

This day was all about SHOPPING. :)

A big day for me since this day was my birthday. So, what I did is schedule the shopping sprees on this day, so we ended up relaxed. Two places we visited were Chatuchak Weekend Market and Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise.

Chatuchak Weekend Market

My brother and I had a grand time shopping in this place. As the name speaks for itself, it is only open during weekends. So, when we were there, I guess everybody was there too! LOL! Cheap clothes, souvenirs, and what have yous. I just can't believe that there's a place like this in BKK. It just proves that BKK is REALLY the shopping haven! Different kinds of fruits were sold here too, oh I love their mangoes, guavas, coconut, melons, and everything is just sweet!

Chatuchak Market
Welcome to Chatuchak Weekend Market

Eating at Chatuchak Market
Street Food in BKK is Yummy!


To give you some idea on how cheap the clothes here are, I was able to buy nice dresses (for formal occasions) around 200-300 Baht which is p300-p400. Some had nice quality some didn't so you will have to choose the right store. We spent almost our whole day here (10am - 3pm) and it was still not enough! Anyway, my brother and I (Hubby was so tired after the shopping) promised ourselves to go back there! LOL!

Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise

After Chatuchak, we went back straight to the hotel to rest for a couple of hours. We will be going to have a big night (of course, it was my birthday)! We got a package tour from the Kabuhayan Travel and Tours (right across the hotel) for the Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise. This is one of the (highly) recommended places by my sister.

We were picked up (by a cab) at the hotel around 6PM. Cruise and dinner will start at 7:30PM. Traffic was a little heavy, so we passed thru the side streets. At least with that, we were able to see the BKK side streets and how their houses looked like. It was really similar to the houses here in the Philippines.

We got to the hotel/pier before 7:30 PM so we had time to take some pictures around the area.

Chao Phraya River Cruise
Can't wait for the Cruise to Start!

Chao Phraya River Cruise
Excited!

Chao Phraya River Cruise
The Boat is Coming!


At exactly 7:30PM we went in the boat. There were a lot of boats available and several batches. There were also different time slots for every cruise, so I guess everybody will be accommodated.

Oh, I loved the entire cruise! Dinner was not that spectacular. It was buffet, but I was more excited with the cruise itself and more of overwhelmed that I was actually spending my birthday dinner in a different country and in a wonderful cruise. The host/singer was a Filipina. She was great! She can actually speak different languages. She can sing Russian, Japanese, Iranian songs. WOW. It really made me proud of her. :)

Chao Phraya River Cruise
Yihee!

Chao Phraya River Cruise
Thai Food

Chao Phraya River Cruise
Ang Dami!

Chao Phraya River Cruise
One of the Temples in BKK


The cruise lasted around 1 hour and a half. It was all worth it. We were so happy with the experience. After the cruise, we dropped by my brother to Patpong and then Hubby and I went back to the hotel to rest for another big day the next day.

3 Response to "Exploring the Amazing Thailand (Day 2 of 3)"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    September 11, 2007 6:41 AM

    Hi Mich! I've read all your BKK stories. Ansaya! Thanks for sharing the pictures too. Take Care always!

  2. Anonymous Says:
    September 12, 2007 5:28 AM

    I enjoyed viewing all your honeymoon photos "wink" Mich. thanks for sharing.

  3. Mich says:
    September 15, 2007 5:28 PM

    @nice - thank you so much nice for taking the time out to read my BKK stories. :)

    @agring - thanks for looking Agring. :)