My Friend

My high school friend whose been waiting to get pregnant for years (their daughter is now 9 years old!) is now pregnant. Thank God for that. She had a miscarriage four years ago, so this pregnancy is really a blessing (of course all pregnancies are a blessing).

But the thing is, before she got pregnant (I think a month ago), she found out that her blood glucose are high. And she was not even pregnant then! So, I had to warn her a couple of times and tell her that she must take this seriously. And good thing she is now, especially that she is pregnant.

Anyway, I had GDM also when I was pregnant with Alex. I even posted some info about GDM here.
You see, gestational diabetes makes a person, like me really depressed. It makes you scared and hungry too! Hungry because you will need to watch out for your diet (take note: half rice, matchbox sized meat/fish, a little bit of fruit and veggies, no sweets, wheat bread, no french fries, etc...).

So as much as possible I wanted to be there for my friend. Because I knew how she must be feeling right now. Although her Hubby is really supportive as well, but I would like her to know that if ever she needs me (for questions or just anything), I will always be here for her.

--o0o--


On Alex update, Thank God, her cough and colds are finally gone now. She has recovered pretty well, been sleeping soundly at night, been drinking milk twice at night too, been eating little by little, and back to her normal-malikot self. :)

The weather is again unpredictable. Haaay. I just hope that kids won't get affected again with this bad weather. I heard that last time, when Alex (with Dada) went to her pedia last week, St. Luke's is fully booked with kids admitted because of cough, colds, and pneumonia! Bad, Bad, weather.

2 Response to "My Friend"

  1. julai says:
    September 20, 2007 4:07 PM

    Hi Ate Mich,good day.ayy can i call you ate or should it be Tita?I'm soo happy to know ate that you're with CFC.Opo SFC po ako. I started as YFC sa Bohol noong 1998, then ng active ako after college na kasi sa malayo ako ng aral..then sa Denmark napo ako ng SFC hanggang dito active pa rn oi ako..ang saya po talaga ng SFC..Ate sa SFC mo ba nakita si kuya GG?hehehh

  2. Mich says:
    September 25, 2007 11:23 AM

    @julai - hi sis! Ate na lang huh! LOL! naku sana makapunta ako dyan ano one of these days. who knows? baka may plan si Lord. Hopefully!!! :D At least active ka pa din dyan. keep it up huh. ;)