It's All About the Family on Valentine's Day

We had a full weekend but I can say that I'm happy on how it turned out. All our plans pushed through and a sleepless night didn't stop us from having breakfast.

Last Friday we get to see the band of our friend's Dad in Libis. It was a rock and roll night and we had a great time, not to mention I was able to unwind for just a few hours. It was good to have that time alone with Hubby and our friends even for once a week only. We called it a night at around 12 midnight. Oh, and I got a long stem red rose from the restaurant. :D

Then on Saturday, since we always wake up early on weekends because of Baby A, we decided to push through with our plan to have breakfast as our date for the Vday. Oh, it was such a breeze - no traffic, weather was great (not too hot), and not too many people. We had breakfast at Portico in Serendra.




We've been wanting to have breakfast there for months already. Ever since I read Anton's post in OurAwesomePlanet.com, I've been wanting to try that hot chocolate he mentioned. You see, I loved Sonya's hot chocolate so much that every time we are in Tagatay, I would always want to try it. Sometimes I'm lucky, sometimes I'm not. So I really look forward to this hot chocolate right here in Manila.


Anton was right, it was indeed heavenly! It was very similar to Sonya's. The Spanish style (I remember my Mom called it sikwate) that makes me reminisce on my childhood days in the province. I remember our Christmas eve would never be complete without this heavenly drink. Anyway, I'm glad that they have it. I will definitely go back here for this drink.

For our take on the food that we ordered, watch out for it in my other blog.

After breakfast we bought Chocolate Mousse from Conti's which we will serve for dinner with my family. I was surprised that there were a lot of people eating there already! Conti's is really something!


I wasn't happy with the mousse though. Nothing special.

We got home just in time for Andie's bath. After preparing the kids we went to Jollibee (as promised to the little girl). I also inquired and got the packages in that branch for Alex's 3rd birthday party. We settled everything and paid the downpayment.

And then the highlight of my day - I bought some flowers from Dangwa. I realized that we were in the area near Dangwa already. You know, the place where you can buy really cheap flowers. Since we planned on giving some for my family (Mom, sister, and brother), I asked the Manong on how to get to that place. I was surprised that he said I can just walk and it was a block away from where we were. So off I went, and I was able to buy two wonderful bouquet of flowers!



The first one I bought for my family. The second one I bought for myself. :D

I know, it should have been Hubby giving me flowers right? But he chose to give me Royce chocolates (which I definitely preferred) than giving me flowers worth more than a thousand bucks! Thanks sweetie! ;)

We were able to go home early. Good thing we took the long way to avoid the traffic.

The dinner was great! My Mom brought kani salad, chicken, tacos, lumpiang shanghai. I asked our help to cook tuna pasta. I ate a LOT that I'm even thinking of getting the best diet pills already. My brother brought red wine. It was just a simple dinner but we definitely had fun! Tita Trish gave Alex gummi burgers and gave us three pink roses. My Mom gave the kids cute balloons too.


It was indeed about family on Valentine's day. After all, this day is all about being with people we love, right?

How about you? How was your Valentine's day?

Coming up next, another family day last Sunday.

3 Response to "It's All About the Family on Valentine's Day"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    February 16, 2009 2:11 PM

    buti pa kayo colorful ang valentine's. we were supposed to attend a party with friends pero nagkasakit si sherwin wahhh.

    anyway mich you're so pretty para sa isang sleep deprived :D

  2. Peppermint says:
    February 17, 2009 1:00 AM

    kami ni hubby stay in lang, i cooked lunch and made chocolate covered strawberries! check mo na lang sa multiply yung pics =)

    im coming home na in 2 weeks! can't wait to see you!

  3. Mich says:
    February 17, 2009 9:02 PM

    @joy - palakpak tenga ko sa comment mo. hihihi!

    @ercs - turuan moko nyan! i'm sure gusto ni marlon yan. hehe!