New Year in Macau/Hongkong (Day 3 of 5)

After our SUPER fun trip to Oceanpark, Hongkong we headed back to Macau. We had dinner first at the mall beside the ferry terminal and then took the 10pm ferry going back to Macau. Talk about a hectic sched! Everyone was sooo tired when we got home.

We realized that it was colder in Macau than in Hongkong. I can't forget Alex who was shaking so hard (while she was sleeping in the stroller) because it was sooo cold that night we got to Macau. So what we did is we let her wear Hubby's jacket (so that means she is wearing 3 layers of clothes!) to make her feel warmer. Hubby on the other hand didn't feel cold at all. Oh yes, he was just wearing a shirt! Me and the rest of the family we're almost running on the way to my brother's pad. LOL! I will never forget that night.

We called it a night as soon as everybody was settled down and prepared to sleep. It is going to be a long day the next day. Long day because the day was alloted for SHOPPING - my most favorite part of the trip! LOL!

Hubby and I had been talking about this day for months. He said that he wouldn't want Alex to be at the mall while we shop. He said that Alex wouldn't enjoy it anyway, so he suggested to just stay home with Alex for the day. I asked him a hundred times if it would be ok, he said yes he will appreciate it more than go to the mall and shop. LOL! (It just goes to show how much he doesn't like shopping...)

We left the pad around 10 AM. I prepared Alex's stuff before we left, milk, bottles, food, clothes, etc so Hubby won't have a hard time. And then the rest of the family went to ZHUHAI China.

Here are some of our photos while we were waiting for the bus on the way to the border.

img_7135

img_7136
With my youngest brother!

img_7137
It was so cold!!


You see, we had to get a visa just to enter the border. (Thanks to my brother for paying for our visas!) Zhuhai is just a few minutes from Macau. We just took a bus, paid MOP 2.50 each and then we were in China already! Of course we had to line up for immigration, had to fill up some forms, had our passport checked, etc, etc. But it was all worth it.

Our shopping in Zhuhai was the best! It was probably because I planned to shop for myself more (this year) than for pasalubong. Since last year I was too busy shopping for other people that shopping for myself was not enough. LOL! I got 3 bags, 1 sneakers, 3 long sleeve shirts, 1 white vest, shades, and 1 black bolero. Happy, happy, happy. The rest of the things that I bought there are for the in-laws. I also bought 1 pair of jeans for Hubby. He liked it by the way. I got it only for Y80 which is only p400. It was a nice pair of jeans for 400 pesos.

Although shopping in Zhuhai is tiring because you have to haggle, haggle, and haggle. Just like the shades, my mom and I got, from Y80, we got it for Y20. We got a lower price because we bought 2. Here's my photo with the p100 worth shades. LOL!



Good thing I was with my Mom who was so good at haggling! She can really get the item in a low price!

After a long shopping we decided to have dinner there since it's already getting late. I was worried for Hubby and Alex because we only left them food for lunch. Good thing my Hubby can manage. (Naks! Congrats Hon!) I was so happy to see that they had KFC. So I brought some chicken and sidings for Hubby too.

Everyone enjoyed the shopping. Although on our way home the lines at the immigration on the way back to Macau was looooong. We realized that it was a holiday that's why. So if you plan to go to Zhuhai, make sure to go there on a weekday or an ordinary day. And always make sure that you HAGGLE.

My sister and I had a few shots of the border.

Macau Border
I'm already using one of the bags that I bought from Zhuhai!

Macau Border


This was actually our second time in Zhuhai but shopping was better! I guess it gets better every year. LOL! We got home around 11pm already. I was happy that Hubby and Alex had a great time together. They watched Barney DVDs (from Abie, thanks uli Abie!), they slept thru the afternoon, watched a few shows on TV (a few shows only because most of the shows were in Chinese) and played all day.

Again, thanks Hon for offering to stay with Alex while I shop. I appreciate it so much. I'm sure Alex had so much fun with you that day. :)

4 Response to "New Year in Macau/Hongkong (Day 3 of 5)"

  1. JO says:
    January 12, 2008 6:34 AM

    wow! looks like you had a blast!!! and so did Alex.

  2. Unknown says:
    January 12, 2008 10:35 PM

    ang daming lakwatsa...ang saya lalo na't kasama ang pamilya...

    hi sis i'm back asking for your vote again..pwede paki vote ulit ang blog ko dito? thanks in advance! sumosobra na ba ako? pagbigyan mo na ako...hehehe..

  3. abie says:
    January 14, 2008 11:46 AM

    wow sarap mag shopping.

    Uy, glad to know that alex loves the Barney DVD. Super hit talaga si Barney sa mga bata.

  4. Mich says:
    January 16, 2008 3:35 PM

    @jo - yeah, it was fun! :)

    @idealpinkrose - voted for you!

    @abie - naku, hit na hit talga kay Alex. nakakatuwa...