Our Happy Weekend and some Updates

Before the weekend started (around Thursday) Alex had a slight fever. We didn't know why. But the only thing I noticed was that she was throwing tantrums every now and then. We were at the mall and she just cried and cried because she doesn't want us to hold her hand while riding the escalator. Of course, this can't happen! The next morning, she was still cranky and a bit hot but not too hot to drink medicine. Then I noticed that she was a bit coughing and that she couldn't breathe because of her colds, so we decided to bring her to her Pedia last Friday. Hubby had to take a leave from work.

Anyway, she is now doing well probably because she had a grand time over the weekend. LOL!

The weekend was actually one of the weekends we've been looking forward to.

Last Saturday morning I decided (although having second thoughts) to attend Mommy Academy's Pedia Talk at Dusit Thani Hotel. I've learned a lot from the half day activity and I was glad I came. I look forward to attend more talks from them although I haven't availed of their membership just yet.

By Saturday afternoon, we brought the little girl to my Mom's house. She was still weak but no more fever and was already playing. Hubby and I on the other hand, had a chance to sleep for a few hours.

After taking a nap, we went out on a date. Since Hubby wanted me to try pares of Jonas in QC, we went there but had to hear mass first before having dinner. I had fun eating at Jonas. It was my first time to try pares and I loved it. After having a heavy dinner, we decided to have coffee at Figaro. I had (as usual) the Decaf Cafe Mocha Light while Hubby had Mocha frost. After chatting and reading a few magazines, we decided to fetch the little girl and went home.

Our Sunday afternoon was spent with the MBAPs for our Baby Shower/Early Christmas Party at Jane's house. We had a grand time! Even the hubbies had a grand time too. Will post some photos and stories about the party hopefully this week.

. : .


Anyway, I'm on my 35th week now. WOW. I couldn't believe it either. I'm beginning to feel REALLY heavy now but the good news is that I can still move around. I can still carry the little girl every once in a while and I can still sleep at night. I woke up too early though (around 3AM) but I can still manage to go back to sleep (thank God!). I want to get as much rest as much as possible before the big day because I know that our sleepless nights are about to begin.

I plan to breastfeed the baby and I've been reading a lot about breastfeeding. With Alex, I was able to breastfed her for four months. I cut it short because I was already working then and I had to wake up at 3AM just to pump! Hopefully this time, I could make it longer. 1 year maybe? I really do hope so!

. : .


I had a little shopping a couple of months ago and I bought this unique bottle (U-MIX Feeding bottle) from Sulit.com. It's nice to bring this while we travel. Click on the link just in case you're interested in buying one too.


* Photo from Sulit.com


And for those who were wondering about the kimono dress that I purchased online a last month, here it is and I bought it from The Glam Shoppe.



* Photo from The Glam Shoppe


Currently I'm looking at some dresses from La Ropa Barato. But will order most probably after I give birth. :)

2 Response to "Our Happy Weekend and some Updates"

  1. Len says:
    October 20, 2008 3:50 PM

    mich grabe we love jonah's (lapit lang kasi sa dapitan ). hubby and i used to hang out there for the bulalo and pares.. grabeee biglang namiss ko talga.. it been years since we last ate there..

    also, checked the kimono dresses you mentioned kaso the good styles are sold out na.. cute nung nakuha mo :)

  2. JO says:
    October 22, 2008 4:13 AM

    cool dress!


    http://www.joarduo.com