Celebrating Hubby's Birthday in Bora (1/3)

I actually booked this flight February during Cebu Pacific's promo. It was my gift for Hubby on his birthday!

Hubby's initial reaction was, "It's July, it's going to rain!". I disagreed and still booked our flight thinking that, what the heck, the tickets were really cheap!

True enough, there was a storm!

Another thing, Caticlan airport no longer allows big planes to land there so we were directed to Kalibo. Darn! I really wanted to go to Bora knowing that I don't have to travel another 1.5 hours by land. But anyway, we can't do anything much about it.

We got the first flight to Kalibo (we had to re-book our tickets over the phone to make sure that we get a Kalibo flight). Good thing we were early because I heard that some later flights were cancelled. We arrived in Kalibo at 9AM. I was happy since the weather was not rainy and stormy but just cloudy. But when we arrived to Caticlan port, the winds were suddenly strong and it started to rain! It was just in time for out boat ride! Aaargh!

It was sooo wavy, I felt very dizzy. I don't want to get into details anymore. But I was just thankful that the ride was short. I realized that I got so dizzy because the boat was enclosed. I needed air that time so I guess it would be better if we were at those old bangka that used to travel to Boracay. Where are those old bangka anyway? I don't want air-conditioned boat! I want the traditional ride. :)

Anyway, I will share more stories in my travel blog soon. For the mean time, here are our photos on our first day.



That's it on our first day! LOL! I know, I know. We were too lazy to get some photos because it rained on our first day! So we just decided to take the opportunity to sleep! And then come night time, we went out for a couple of drinks. Do you want to know how I look like when drunk?

I'm not sure really if I will post it here. LOL! I will think about it first. ;)

Watch out for my next posts on our Bora trip! (*wink*)

4 Response to "Celebrating Hubby's Birthday in Bora (1/3)"

  1. Mai says:
    July 22, 2009 11:37 AM

    uy kumain din kami diyan nung december. Sa may bandang andok's yan di ba?

    Oo nga kami din sa Fastrak bang tawag dun sumakay sa jetty port papunta at pabalik. Medyo nakakahilo nga siya. Pero mas nakakahilo sa inyo siguro dahil maalon. Ang kagandahan lang is mas mabilis ang boat ride. :)

  2. dzoi says:
    July 22, 2009 3:58 PM

    ang pretty mo talaga mich nakaka tomboy ka! bwahahahaha

  3. Peachy says:
    July 22, 2009 3:59 PM

    more pics !!! ung naka 2 piece naman Hehehehe

  4. Mich says:
    July 22, 2009 4:02 PM

    @mai - yeap yan yung malapit sa andok's :)

    @dzoi - loka ka talga! LOL!

    @peachy - naku Peach, di ko kaya i-post! Bwahahaha!