Our Day Tour in Bohol

I can't believed I booked our Tagbilaran flight 7 months before the trip. Months flew by quickly that I was surprised we were already packing for the trip. We arrived at the airport around 6AM (thanks to Kuya Mike for bringing us).

IMG_0311


We planned on leaving the kids to Manila so we can have a time off and have a major rest after not having a second Yaya for almost 6 months now. After all, we already brought them to HK Disneyland to celebrate our anniversary, right!? It is also a trip to celebrate my birthday. I looove traveling and this is sort of a gift for myself. (*grin*)

We arrived as scheduled in Tagbilaran airport (9:15AM) and met up with Mang Eloy (thanks to Abie for the reco) as our designated driver for the day. We went straight to the most popular tourist spot in Bohol - the Chocolate Hills.

Chocolate Hills


After having to take 200++ steps, we were finally able to reach the top of one of the hills and had our picture taken.

IMG_0340


IMG_0374


Next stop, the man-made forest. It was so cool here and the trees look really amazing.

IMG_0389


IMG_0401


Kudos to the persons who made this possible. I was thinking, if every province would make an effort to create something like this, our country would be more beautiful than ever!

Next stop, the hanging bridge.

IMG_0402


I remember my brother, sister and I would tie a rope in two trees and try to step on it and imagine it as a hanging bridge. This is when we were kids. But when I saw the bridge in this trip, I admit, I didn't want to proceed. I was so scared! LOL! If not for the pictures, I wouldn't go on. Worst is, Hubby was not with me because he wanted to take a picture of me from the other bridge. Look, how high it was!

IMG_0410


On my way was pretty scary but on my way back was a little better. I can even pose and smile.

IMG_0427


It was quite an adventure! It made me hungry! Good thing, our next stop is the Loboc River Cruise with lunch buffet.

IMG_0433


The food was just so so but the view was nice. And we were entertained by the locals through singing and dancing.

Next stop, the tarsiers!

IMG_0470


There were so cute that I wanted to bring them home. Take note that we are not allowed to touch them anymore unlike a few years back.

IMG_0485


Next stop is the Baclayon Church. This is an old church but it is still beautiful!

IMG_0506


Notice the face formed in the wall? Amazing, isn't it?

IMG_0501


After buying a few souvenirs for the kids, we went to our last stop which is the Blood Compact Site.

IMG_0515


Then, off we went to Panglao Island to look for a place we can stay for the night. Will post more on that soon. (*wink*)

3 Response to "Our Day Tour in Bohol"

  1. abie says:
    September 09, 2010 3:36 PM

    galing mo sis, ako 3x na sa bohol pero never ko pa natawid ang hanging bridge. kahit maiwan ako mag isa sa other side, ay di talaga ako tatawid. super scary. daig pa ako ni bela.

  2. farrahselda says:
    September 09, 2010 3:44 PM

    Great post Mich! :D

  3. Mich says:
    September 09, 2010 3:56 PM

    @Abie - naku sis nginig talga tuhod ko dyan pero since nasimulan ko na, tinuloy ko na lang. hahaha

    @Farrah - thanks Fars! ;)