Chillin' in Baguio...

After the SUPER HOT weather in Manila (and staying in the house for the whole day! - well for the whole summer), going up to Baguio was a reward for me. (*grin*) I've been looking forward to it for months (ok...weeks)! But, when we got there, I didn't expect that it would really get THAT cold. You know, cold as-in you need 2 thick blankets in the mornings. Ok, I'm exaggerating. :D

But, honestly, I can't tolerate cold that much. And I even posted here that one of the "weird" things about me is that I turned on the HEATER during SUMMER in MINNESOTA. LOL!

Anyways, I had fun in Baguio. We ate a lot too! The conference started Friday night at 8pm, we got there around 12nn, so we got to explore the city a bit in the afternoon (not that I haven't been to Baguio...). Of course, Baguio is known for it's fresh fruits and vegetables so we went straight to the Baguio Market after lunch. I had fun shopping for pasalubongs there. As usual, peanut brittle, strawberry jams, choco flakes, (but no choco krinkles this time). Mangoes were everywhere! Indian mango, apple mango, Cambodian Mango, all types of mango! LOL! I was tempted to buy strawberries but I don't think it would last until Sunday, we didn't have plans of going back to the market on Sunday.

Well, for the most awaited part - the places we've been to in Baguio!

Cafe by the Ruins - Ambiance is really nice, food is great too! The first time I've tasted "crispy tapa" which for me, looked like "adobo flakes". haha! Price is a bit expensive but worth it.

Cafe by the Ruins

p5180194

Baguio Country Club - We were lucky that our household head were members of this club. We had snacks and breakfast here and the HOT chocolate was really, really great! I was just drinking this the whole time when we were there (and realized it only when my tummy began to grumble...LOL). Breads and Pastries are also yummy here.

Baguio Country Club
I know, ang laki ng eye bags ko!!!

Pastries from Baguio Country Club
Those pastries look so yummy!


Pizza Volante - as my brother-in-law describes it, the best Pizza place in Baguio. Yum, yum! Their Pizza's the best! This is along session road.

Burnham Park - of course, you won't miss it for boat ride and mais! :)


p5180198

Boat ride at Burnham Park
I used to love this boat ride when I was a kid...

Ukay-ukay along Session Road - although Hubby and I didn't get to "ukay" for clothes but we can see that there are a lot of stuff in there. I've done this a couple of years ago and I got branded office clothes for p100 each. A must-try!

Baguio Market - never miss this! Fresh veggies, goodies for pasalubongs, ground coffee, everything is just here!

Camp John Hay's Mile Hi - there's a lot of restaurants here that you can try. We had lunch at Carlos Pizza and it was good.

p5200230


Palizata - This is my favorite. An italian restaurant near Baguio Cathedral. Although I'm not so sure if I got the right name. I wasn't feeling very well when we got here. Probably because I was so hungry!! LOL! But will definitely go back to this place when we visit Baguio again.

Italian Restaurant
i love the steak here!

p5190228


SM Baguio - yeah i know mall na naman. :D But SM Baguio is quite different. It's open air although a bit crowded but not your typical SM mall.


View from SM Baguio
The view from SM!

View from SM Baguio
Kinda blurry because of the fog...


Well, not much right? We actually spent most of our time in the conference. And it definitely made it a wonderful weekend. Although I was missing Alex the whole time. :( But it was a long break from my routine of "work, blog, and scrap" life. But of course, after staying in Baguio for almost 3 days, I was ready and excited to go back to my "real world". (*smile*)

For more info about Baguio, check out Go Baguio!

3 Response to "Chillin' in Baguio..."

  1. Pacs Pacunayen says:
    May 26, 2007 5:39 PM

    sarap naman! buti na-enjoy mo yung stay nyo sa baguio. when we went there last april, it was so crowded! para ka lang nasa manila. next time we go there, i'll try to check out the places you mentioned. :)

  2. Anonymous Says:
    May 27, 2007 5:29 PM

    mukhang ang sarap-sarap nga ng bakasyon mo. you look so fresh, parang galing spa!

  3. Ers says:
    May 28, 2007 7:27 AM

    maganda pa rin kahit malaki eyebags! :D