Happy (?) Labor Day!

Who among you are working today!? (*sigh*)

When the company that I'm working for declared a holiday last week I got so excited! But, my boss said to take the day off this week instead because of the deadlines that we needed to meet. With that, I got even more excited because I knew it was Labor day which means Hubby has no work too! Unfortunately, last night, emails came which means that we have more tasks to finish and we have to work today. (*sigh*)

But, for some reason, I felt at peace. I didn't know why. I just felt that I have to do what I have to do and it's my responsibility to finish it.

Hmmm, RESPONSIBILITY. I guess that's what has been bugging me lately. While I see Alex grow everyday, I just feel like being overwhelmed with the responsibility that I have on her.

I knew when I was younger (and single and unattached and doesn't care about anything!) that having a kid is the biggest responsibility you'll ever handle in your whole life! Just imagine that she is a person and her life completely depends on you. Her values, her attitude, her personality, on what she eats, on what she wears, where she goes to school, and most especially her relationship with the Lord. It's not something that I could just take for granted.

But, I was also thinking that because of this "ultimately overwhelming" responsibility that I don't get to enjoy being a parent anymore. I guess I have to lighten up a bit and take one step at a time. Maybe with that, I will realize that being a parent is tough but can also be fun too! (and of course not to mention the fun that Hubby and I will be having as partners!)

Oh, by the way, about my work, I realized that I'm still blessed because even if I'm working, I'd still get to spend my time with my family at home. (*smile*)

8 Response to "Happy (?) Labor Day!"

  1. Ers says:
    May 01, 2007 4:00 PM

    you're lucky, mich, for you have the luxury of time to spend with your family like most working moms dont. the beauty of working at home. :D

    maybe, parenthood is something that you should take seriously sometimes and sometimes dont. :)

    happy parenting!

  2. Pacs Pacunayen says:
    May 01, 2007 11:06 PM

    My hat's off to you and to the rest of the working parents who still find time to enjoy life with their family and kids. Hope to also be able to do that by the time I have my own kids. Working at a call center for foreign clients means you den't enjoy the Philippine holidays. Maybe by then, I'm already doing something else.

  3. Joy says:
    May 02, 2007 9:09 AM

    Hi Mich,

    I also worked yesterday. Pero pretending lang. LOL.

    I feel the same way sometimes about too much responsibility and not being able to enjoy my baby anymore. Will post about it soon.

    Btw! can you please update my link? thank you! it's now http://myblog.joyreyes.com

  4. Unknown says:
    May 03, 2007 12:23 AM

    buti pa diyan holiday...sana dito rin...di bale kahit pa may work ka, double pay naman yata yon...hehehe...

  5. Unknown says:
    May 03, 2007 12:23 AM

    buti pa diyan holiday...sana dito rin...di bale kahit pa may work ka, double pay naman yata yon...hehehe...

  6. Unknown says:
    May 03, 2007 12:23 AM

    buti pa diyan holiday...sana dito rin...di bale kahit pa may work ka, double pay naman yata yon...hehehe...

  7. Peppermint says:
    May 03, 2007 8:18 AM

    i so agree! parang di holiday...the work never ends...

  8. Mich says:
    May 03, 2007 11:11 AM

    @princess of cj - you're right. i'm really blessed. :) and you're right about parenthood too. I guess it works with life too right? :)

    @pacs - wow, thanks. I'm sure you would find time to enjoy life with your family too. :)

    @joy - sige, will wait for you post ha. And already updated your link. :)

    @idealpinkrose - I'm sure madami din namang holiday sa Korea right?

    @ercs - haaaay, buhay talga kapag dami ng kelangan gawin. :)