Haaaaay...

Well, Alex's Yaya suddenly came up to me this morning (while I was taking Alex a bath) and said that she will be going to school. Well, yes, it means she's leaving. She's been with us for four months now. I realized that she saved us last March because we didn't have yaya/househelp for almost 2 weeks and Hubby and I did everything in the house.

Then she came. And we were happy with her because she makes Alex smile. She plays with her. She was a good cook too. But she texted a lot!

Anyway, so now, we're back to looking for the right yaya again. And it made me wonder, what am I doing wrong? Is Alex really a handful?

But I guess I have to keep in mind that it's not our fault. And I guess it's just meant to be.

5 Response to "Haaaaay..."

  1. Rona says:
    June 26, 2007 7:13 PM

    Hey Mich! Nah, not your fault. There are yayas na talagang can't stay in one place. Did you try upping her salary? Baka she's waiting for that. But either way, it gives you a chance to bond with Alex again. After all, that's what matters right?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

  2. JO says:
    June 27, 2007 11:16 AM

    Malalaki din ang mga ulo ng mga yaya sa pinas... at pag nakausap ang ibang mga yaya, ng co-compare sila ng suweldo, kaya karamihan di tumatagal... ganyan din ang problema ko noon.

    I think there's a big plus factor if you take care of your kid personally. My son grew up with yaya, but my daughter grew up with me...

    Just hire a maid to do all other chores.

  3. Kaje says:
    June 27, 2007 1:11 PM

    hi mich!

    baka may mas magandang nahihintay sa inyo :) you know yayas always give reasons na hindi mo matatanggihan yun pala iba yung totoong dahilan. Oh well...

    Anyway, good luck in your search!

  4. Mich says:
    June 27, 2007 6:18 PM

    @rona - hi there! thanks for droppping by as well. you're right, what matters talga is Alex is ok and I get to be with her everyday. :)

    @Jo - naku, totoo yan talga. I get to be with Alex din naman for the whole day since I work from home, but kelangan pa din talga ng yaya while i make calls, etc...

    @kaje - oo nga eh, naisip ko may reason ito at baka may mas ok pa na dumating. haaaay.

  5. Jane says:
    June 28, 2007 2:45 PM

    hi mich! i know how it is to lose an efficient yaya. but there's nothing we can really do. who knows, someone better might be on her way for alex and you :)