Soms Noodle House and Everything At Steak

When I was pregnant I've been craving for bagoong rice! I don't know why, good thing Alex didn't look like bagoong. Hehe! Last Friday night it was a no-household-night so Hubby and I decided to go out on a date. We had dinner at Som's Noodle House in Makati. It was an "authentic" thai food. I heard it from Anton's blog and people were just raving about it.

When we went in the restaurant, the ambiance was not so good. It was more of a carinderia/bar type of resto. But it was what I've expected since Anton warned his readers that it wasn't the formal dining place that we should look forward to.

Anyway, Hubby and I ordered the bagoong rice (of course!), red curry tofu, and phad thai. Sayang, they didn't have thai iced tea anymore. I heard this one is really good.


Bagoong Rice and Red Curry Tofu
Yummy Bagoong rice and Red Curry Tofu!


Verdict of Soms Noodle House: We love the food! If you don't care about the ambiance and etc and would just like to eat thai food, then try it! ;)

After dinner Hubby and I went to Landmark to check out some furnitures and went to Greenbelt to have dessert. We just looooove to eat nowadays! I think eating has been our thing after being too much stressed out with work and the construction of our house. We had strawberry short crepe at Cafe Breton. It was yummy! Sorry, we weren't able to take some pictures because we just can't wait to eat it! :)

--o0o--


Sunday was a busy day for us as well. After lunch, we went to check out Aristocrat Lamps but it was closed. Then we went to E.Rod to checkout some furnitures there, but, again it was closed. So, we went straight to Play & Display. They had a few nice items there and will probably go back within the week (before the sales ends). After that we heard mass then had dinner with my family at Everything At Steak in San Juan. This one I heard from ShopCrazy. We ordered for T-Bone Steak, Potato Skins, Chicken Wings, Fish and Chips and Pasta.

Chicken Wings
Chicken Wings

T-Bone Steak
T-Bone Steak



Our verdict: Well, their steaks are huge but thin. They weren't good (or nothing special) but really, really cheap. T-bone steaks are only p120 each! Imagine! But I love mostly their appetizers - Potato skins (p90), Chicken Wings (p90), and Fish & Chips (p90).

I wonder where we will eat next week? (*grin*)

1 Response to "Soms Noodle House and Everything At Steak"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    June 28, 2007 4:00 AM

    I love Soms! :))

    Hehehe....

    Ung iced tea nila natikman mo na? Yummy din. :D