Family Getaway at Laiya, Batangas (Part 1/2)

As soon as I found out from my supervisor that Friday (last week) was a holiday, one thing that came up to my mind was the BEACH. We definitely need to go to the Beach! Ever since we got sick of cough, colds, and headache I realized that we needed fresh air badly. The air here in Metro Manila is just polluted that it makes us sick. Especially now that it's summer, I can't believe the heat! It's never been like this before.

Anyway, Hubby and I searched for days on resorts in Batangas. I really wanted to go to Laiya and our first option was La Luz. Of course it was fully booked already and the odd part here was that they didn't respond to any calls or text messages. So we just opted to go to another resort and we found out (also through the internet) about Virgin Beach Resort. I had second thoughts because it was more expensive than La Luz. But we didn't have much of a choice because they were the only one who has a vacant cottage for Friday - Saturday.

So off we went and left the house around 730AM. We had breakfast on the road and tried to enjoy the trip. It was a long one I tell you and I've been to Laiya thrice already but I already forgot how far it was! Some of the roads (in Laiya) were improved though. There were still rough roads but it was shorter now compared to two years ago. We got there around 11AM. And everyone got too excited as soon as we saw the deep blue sea! I'm not exaggerating here. The color of the sea was just wonderful! It makes you want to jump right at the moment.

IMG_2303

IMG_2289 2

IMG_2356
A Not so white and powdery sand of Laiya


Of course we didn't because it was 11 AM and the SUN was just shining right at us. I even told Hubby (and kind of defended myself) that I don't like to swim at odd hours because I get scared to get dark, I actually get scared of the sun and it's effects on our skin. Especially for Alex whose skin is still sensitive at 2 years old.

IMG_2287 2

IMG_2290

IMG_2309
While waiting for our lunch

IMG_2311


Anyway, we waited for an hour to have our lunch. Our food was on set meals (Salad, Main Course, Dessert) and we get to choose what main course we would like. I loved the food here. It's not the usual grilled food/beach food though but the food was cooked very well by their chef. No wonder it was expensive even if it was not a buffet. (FYI, La Luz offers buffet meals) But it was worth it because I didn't feel nauseated after eating the whole time we were there. I don't really know why. It must be psychological. LOL!

IMG_2318
A View from the Restaurant

IMG_2316
Their Restaurant is really Refreshing

IMG_2321
Happy!


After lunch we settled in our Bamboo Cabana and tried to rest for awhile to get ready for our swim in the afternoon. Alex was sooo excited that she didn't take a nap on her usual nap time. It was nice to see her get so giddy with excitement especially if she is in a new place. She explored the cabana and even enjoyed taking her pictures!

IMG_2325

IMG_2326

IMG_2328
No Aircon for 1 night!

IMG_2332

IMG_2334
Look how excited she was!

IMG_2336


I love the bamboo cabana. It was not only cheaper than the ones with air condition but I can really feel that I was outside Metro Manila. Although I would hear Hubby grumbling about how hot it was etc, etc...But for me, it was perfect! Anyway at mid morning, Hubby who complained earlier, suddenly closed down all the windows and tried to look for a blanket because he suddenly felt cold. LOL!

Coming up next our swimming adventure! Yes I did swim and boy, I loved the water!

8 Response to "Family Getaway at Laiya, Batangas (Part 1/2)"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    May 02, 2008 5:37 PM

    mich more photos! ang ganda ha :D

    i need more info been wanting to go to san juan eversince.

    matagtag ba yung byahe and gano katagal? kamusta yung beach mismo? safe ba for toddlers? lastly, may pool ba?

    ayan sagutin mo ;lahat ha hahahaha
    check ko din un website of course but i want to hear your personal experience.

  2. Anonymous Says:
    May 02, 2008 5:44 PM

    btw mich you're so pretty ha!! parang napakapresko nga ng cabanas. kaso walang aircon LOL

  3. JO says:
    May 03, 2008 7:12 AM

    wow! nice beach!

    we've been to la luz last august, so we just might try this one for a change in june. hope there's not typhoon...

  4. abie says:
    May 03, 2008 11:45 AM

    sis, inggit ako...hay kami walang budget for an out of town talaga...

    ang ganda sa virgin beach...nakapunta ako sa la luz and malayo nga sya...hehehe

    btw sis, i have something for u:

    http://www.myplanetpurple.com/2008/05/red-rose-for-ladies.html

  5. Len says:
    May 03, 2008 7:57 PM

    after watching when love begins, parang i missed boracay and now that i saw your pictures, it's confirmed i want to go to the beach na talga!

    btw, ang cute ni alex dun sa pix (labeled Look how excited she was!)

  6. abie says:
    May 04, 2008 1:04 AM

    hi sis,

    ako ulit...may tag ulit ako sayo:

    http://howellabie.blogspot.com/2008/05/to-dos-meme.html

  7. Mich says:
    May 06, 2008 4:03 PM

    @joy - got my PM na? :)

    @jo - Yeah the beach was nice. Try it when you have the chance. It's as nice as Laluz. :)

    @abie - thanks sis! thanks din sa tags!

    @arlene - go na, beach na before the SUmmer ends. hehehe!

  8. Anonymous Says:
    December 06, 2008 10:46 AM

    Nice pictures