Our Last Farewell to Nanay

It happened so fast. Nanay was in and out of the hospital for two weeks and on these days, she really was in pain. A lot of decisions were made, painful decisions but everything just happened in God's time. She passed away peacefully at the hospital.

The wake started at Friday, June 20, 2008, at 4am. I saw a lot of cousins and relatives whom I haven't seen for years. Everyone was sad but at the same time at peace knowing that Nanay is already resting in heaven.

On Saturday we were at the wake during lunch until late afternoon. Alex was able to meet a lot of Lolas and Lolos. She was the only little girl there since I was the first to wed among my cousins. She had a great time and kept on saying "Superlola, sleep." You see, Superlola loooves Alex so much. She would always ask about "Baby Alex" and would always kiss her feet when she was still a baby.

Since Nanay's passing away was so sudden, we weren't able to cancel my sister's booking at The Manila Penn for Saturday and Sunday. So with that, we had to push through in staying there. Sayang naman if we wouldn't stay there. It turned out that it was a great idea, especially for my Mom who hasn't able to get some sleep for weeks already. And also going home to the place where Nanay stayed for months would be a bit depressing.

Anyway, we planned to go swimming at the Penn but as you all know, the weather was BAD. My Dad and brother who had a flight last Sunday from Mindanao were praying that the weather will turn out ok. Their original flight was canceled but good thing they were able to get seats from an earlier flight. They arrived at 2:30PM in Manila safely. And this time, the skies were all clear already.

After having breakfast at The Penn (which I can say was very sumptuous), Alex had a bubble bath with her Tita Trish for a few minutes then everybody prepared to go back to the wake. I stayed there until night time, while Hubby and Alex went home to take a nap.

The funeral was set last Tuesday, June 24, 2008, at 7AM. It was my Mom's idea to have it really early. It started with a mass and then at exactly 8:30AM we went straight to the cemetery. For some reason, it was very peaceful. I can say that it wasn't too emotional as I've imagined. I guess because everybody has accepted the fact that she is happy now and resting. All the close relatives were there and I can say that it was the most simple yet beautiful funeral I've ever attended.

Since almost all the cousins were there, we took the opportunity to have our picture taken.

resize 11
Adrales Cousins

resize 12
The girls...

resize 14
The boys...


I'm sure Nanay is proud to see us nearly complete (since my brother and the other cousins are working in another country). We are slowly coping up with the loss and continues to pray that her soul will rest in peace.

1 Response to "Our Last Farewell to Nanay"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    July 02, 2008 9:10 AM

    Are you in Pen last weekend? Nandun din kami from fri to sat. Di tayo nagkita?! Sayang.

    Pa-add pala my new blog.

    http://lookshoplist.com

    thanks!