Whiney Baby

Well, as of this writing, I've been hiding from Alex ever since she woke up after her afternoon nap. I don't know what got into her but she has been soooo whiney these days (or weeks?) and would cry if I hand her to her yaya. She's been like this for 2 weeks already and she just doesn't want to be carried by ANYONE except me. Even her Dada. She would just cling to me and never wanted to let go. She was never like this. When she was still a baby, she didn't even go thru that stage of "pangingilala", or is this that stage already?

And now, I can't even go to the restroom if I want to. When she sees me, she would just whine and cry and then hug me sooo tight as if I'm gonna leave her anytime soon.

But the funny thing is, when I'm not beside her (or at least when she cannot see me somewhere), she is OK. She would just do the normal things like play, laugh, run, etc...

Tell me, is this the start of the "Terrible Two" stage? Is Alex entering the toddler phase?

Oh my, I don't think I'm ready yet!!!

6 Response to "Whiney Baby"

  1. Beth {kewl_jive} says:
    August 23, 2007 5:04 PM

    Hi Mich! Thanks for stopping by. I hope she'll pass that stage soon. I can totally relate with you. Hugz! Beth :)

  2. MrsPartyGirl says:
    August 24, 2007 1:20 PM

    baka she's having "separation anxiety"? she's almost two na di ba? this phase happens kasi at around that age eh.

    thankfully, si ninna naman did not go through that phase (e kasi naman, never kami na-separate sa isa't-isa, hehe), di ko nga lang alam kapag nag-start na siya mag-school...bahala na. :D but i know some kids of my friends experienced that. ang advice ng pedia nila ay mag-establish ng consistent pattern of attentive goodbyes and happy reunions. so kunyari, bago ka aalis sa paningin niya, magpapa-alam ka talaga (bawal magtago!), kahit sa CR ka lang pupunta or sa kitchen, lalo na kung papasok sa office. tapos pag bumalik ka, parang big deal ang happiness niyo, especially pag di ka niya hinanap or hinabol. :)

    tapos practice kayo using this strategy: kunyari, sabihin "alex, mommy's going to the kitchen ok? i'll be right back!". tapos tago ka, after 2 minutes bumalik ka na ulit sa kanya. pagbalik mo "hi alex, i'm back!!" tapos kiss-kiss hug-hug. tapos habaan mo ang length ng time na mawawala ka, kunyari 5 minutes, tapos 10, tapos 15, hanggang sa maintindihan na niya na bumabalik ka whenever you leave. basta kailangan consistent kayo para ma-reassure siya na ok lang mag-byebye. :)

    sorry napahaba, pero hayun hopefully makatulong. :)

  3. Anonymous Says:
    August 27, 2007 5:35 PM

    Alex is growing up so fast! Hope she passes this stage soon! :)

  4. Mommy Lutchi says:
    August 27, 2007 6:38 PM

    blog hopin`..very neat blog and I enjoyed my visit. Come and seemy houses if you have time later. TC.

  5. Mich says:
    August 28, 2007 2:44 PM

    @MrsG - yeah, i just hope she'll pass this stage talga. thanks for dropping by too!

    @MrsPartyGirl - haaay, thank you, thank you for the advice. Ginagawa ko na ngayon yung advice mo and mukhang nagwwork naman. :) thanks, thanks!

    @buge - ang bilis talga ng panahon. :)

    @gwapasila - thanks for the kind words and thanks for dropping by too! will visit your blog soon. :)

  6. Anonymous Says:
    August 29, 2007 6:14 PM

    yes Mich...i think it is separation anxiety. Andre's like that. Pag nasa house ako wala na akong nagawang iba kundi sha. So yung yaya inilalabas sha para malibang.

    Are you working outside your home? I guess yun pa yung trigger kasi nami-miss nya yung mom.

    Di bale there will come a time na di na nila tayo masyadong pansin. Let's just savor the moment na tayo yung mundo nila. Take care!