Our Busy but Fun Weekend!

I noticed that our weekends are always "fully booked". Last, last weekend we were out for Saturday and Sunday to serve in the CLP then attended a birthday party at Burger King. Last weekend was the same. On Saturday morning, we headed to Tagaytay to attend a dinner/dance party of my College blockmate who got married in the US last May (congrats Vice!). Then we decided to stay over because Hubby and I thought that it would be too tiring if we go back home after the party.

We indeed made the right decision because our trip ended up pretty relaxing and we had a good sleep there too. Weather was great! A bit cold (no need for air-conditioning) but not too cold either that we needed to wear jackets. Alex had a grand time too. Although we left her at the house but she had a grand time watching Pocoyo and Barney while waiting for us.

We left Manila at around 11AM and we dropped by Paseo De Sta. Rosa for lunch. I was curious after reading Alpha's post about Kanin Club so we tried it out.



I LOVED the food! Will post about it more soon at my travel blog. We ordered for Brown Rice, Crispy Dinuguan, Seafood Kare-Kare, and Pancit Canton. I felt like drinking a diet pill called Fenphedra after eating because I felt like I gained a lot after that lunch. LOL! Too bad, Alex didn't eat a lot because she was too excited to go to the slide! After our sumptious lunch, we let her play for a few minutes while I shop at All-Flip Flops Outlet Store! I was ecstatic when I saw that they were on sale! So I bought one pair after asking Hubby if it's ok. He didn't say it was ok, but I insisted trying to convince him that it was the pair (Black Mid High) that I've been looking for, for months! LOL!




At around 4:30PM, we headed to Tagaytay Highlands for the dinner/dance party of Vice and Sarah. The place was wonderful. It was my first time at the highlands and I was impressed. The food was just ok though (they served Filipino cuisine) but Hubby and I had fun looking at the view. I also saw my College blockmates at the party and I was glad to see them.


The Bride and the Groom



At around 8PM I felt sleepy and tired so we decided to call it a night. Our way home was a bit scary because it was raining and the fog was all over the place. But the roads were nice and safe so we didn't have to worry. We arrived safely and found out that Alex was already sleeping. :( So Hubby and I just decided to sleep early too (after talking in hours. LOL!).

We needed to wake up early last Sunday because we needed to go back to Manila for our Family Day with the in-laws. (I told you, our weekends are REALLY HECTIC!) All three of us woke up around 7:30AM. Our sleep was just enough because we woke up before the morning alarm. I just love sleeping and waking up in Tagaytay. It is so refreshing, hearing the birds and the weather is just perfect!

After buying some vegetables and fruits at the market, we headed back to Manila and met the in-laws at Kaseiki Restaurant in The Fort.



It was another sumptuous meal! Sushi, California Maki, Sirloin Steak, Sizzling Lapu-lapu, Chicken, Tempura, and Noodles. The kids had fun eating.

Good thing the rain stopped so we were able to take some photos of the dinosaurs right outside the resto.



Will post more photos soon!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! ;)

3 Response to "Our Busy but Fun Weekend!"

  1. Gracie says:
    September 29, 2008 6:11 PM

    alex's smile is so infectious!

  2. Anonymous Says:
    September 30, 2008 2:26 PM

    been wanting to try kanin club too! sounds yummy!

    btw, super busy weekend nga!

  3. Anonymous Says:
    October 08, 2008 10:20 PM

    alam mo, discounted naman yata usually yung all flip-flops dun e, kasi outlet store. nakaikot ka ba? meron pang ibang outlet store dun, like nike, benetton, etc..