Our Weekend in Tagaytay

We had a short vacation in Tagaytay last weekend. We decided to join my in-laws last Thursday since we had no plans over the weekend anyway.

We left Manila around 11 AM, and since the traffic was really bad, we got there around 2:30 PM! Can you believe that, almost 4 hours to Tagaytay? Traffic in Alabang area was bad up to Petron (in South Super Highway). The bridge was under construction, that's why. Good thing, Alex was in a good mood, and when she got bored, she just slept through it all.

So, what did we do in Tagaytay? Hmmm, what else, we slept, ate, and watch DVDs! I loved it! We had a late lunch when we got there on Saturday. Then after that, I slept, while Hubby and Alex explored the house. I woke up just in time for the late snacks. Yes! After a late lunch, we still managed to eat snacks. :)

We watched Fantastic Four after having snacks, and while Alex was busy roaming around the house with her Yaya. Hubby and I realized that it was a nice movie pala. We weren't able to watch it in the big screen because we thought that it wasn't worth it.

Anyway, after the movie, dinner was served! What a life! This is what I love when my in laws are around, I don't have to think of the menu or of the food that we are going to eat for the day. LOL! We had Bulalo, fried squid, and some vegetables. In short, we had a sumptuous dinner! After dinner they watched Jack Frost while I was reading Yes magazine. I was curious about this issue about Pops after reading Jane's post. LOL! Anyway, I was able to finish all the 5 pages (or more?)! My oh my, it was long! But, I won't post about it here, I will just let you read it on your own. I think the mag is still available. LOL!

Well, you won't believe it, but after watching Jack Frost, we decided to order pizza from Carlo's Pizza. It was still early around 10 PM that we went there and order it ourselves. Kuya wanted coffee so, we bought coffee from Starbucks while waiting for the pizza. I know, I know, we really ate a LOT last weekend. So, what happened to me!? Well, I had stomache right after eating pizza, good thing I bought medicines. LOL!

WE spent our Sunday just the same, eat, sleep, and watch. Alex watched Chicken Little for the first time while I slept (again!). She loved it according to Hubby. She watched it for 45 minutes without moving! I didn't believe Hubby at first but I guess he was not really kidding. It just proves how much Alex loves animals (so opposite to me and so similar to Hubby).

It rained the whole Sunday in Tagaytay, which made me really sleepy. We planned to swim but, I guess it was too cold, especially for Alex.

We went to Mahogany market around 3:30pm to buy some beef, fruits, etc...Then we were right on time for the Mass at 5 Pm at Lourdes Church.

I'm so thankful for this very relaxing weekend that we had. I just wish that we could do it every weekend!

4 Response to "Our Weekend in Tagaytay"

  1. M0rN1nG & N!cE says:
    October 02, 2007 3:54 PM

    ansaya naman ng weekend nyo. :)

    www.nicemorning.net

  2. Anonymous Says:
    October 02, 2007 5:24 PM

    I'd love to visit Tagaytay again:) Sounds like a great weekend,Mich! Have a great week!

  3. julai says:
    October 03, 2007 1:46 AM

    hi ate mich,woww ang saya naman ng weekend nyo..quality time with the family..gusto ko talaga makapunta sa tagatay pag uwi ko sa pinas,di pa ako nakapunta don,huhuh...ako rin masaya ang weekend with friends at ng videoke..at palagi din busog..nag attend din po ako ng SFC GA nong saturday..medyo nagpapakabait..aheheh..

    happy tuesday ate.

  4. Mich says:
    October 04, 2007 2:24 PM

    @nice - yeah, biglaan lang tong lakad na to, but saya din. :)

    @yen - yeah you should Yen when you get here ulit. sarap lalo this season kse lamiiiiig. :)

    @julai - awww, bait naman talga ni sis oh! ;) keep it up ha! ;)