Plagiarism is a Form of Flattery?

Kitts left a comment here in my blog and gave me a particular link. She said, I won't believe what she found. And she was right! It was unbelievable! It was my exact post, but translated in German. Check it out here.

So, is this plagiarism or what!? Should I be flattered!? Hubby said that it was ok since it was translated in German and mine was in English. LOL! I remember I read it from Anton's blog saying that plagiarism is the highest form of flattery. Hmmm...I don't know, it just feels weird seeing your exact same post from another blog.

Thanks Kitts for letting me know about this. ;)

5 Response to "Plagiarism is a Form of Flattery?"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    November 01, 2007 12:28 AM

    wow sis, it's nice to hear you're being cool about this. ganun nmn tlga, once posted over the internet, it becomes public property na. (I myself, scraplift ilang beses na...sana they're cool din about it...hehehe)

    have a nice vacation! :D

  2. MrsPartyGirl says:
    November 01, 2007 2:55 AM

    wow, i didn't know that kitts could read german, hehe.

    anyway, sis, huwag mo itong palampasin. we should never tolerate any kind of plagiarism. in this case, i think this person is copying random posts maybe as fillers for paid blogs. i have to disagree with what thea said, even if you put something over the net, it doesn't mean that its already open for pilfering. there are limitations towards the use of intellectual property. pinaghirapan mo yun tapos someone else will take credit for it. that's unfair. it may be flattering, sure, but to me its still thievery.

  3. M0rN1nG & N!cE says:
    November 01, 2007 3:01 PM

    i have to agree with meeya mich. it's your own idea and nobody should take credut for your work

    N!cE
    www.nicemorning.net
    www.mommastuff.com

  4. dangkin says:
    November 01, 2007 7:49 PM

    galeng! buti't may nakaintindi... yung nangopya yata ang di nakaintindi, kala cguro nya sya lang marunong ng salita nila? he.he.

  5. Me says:
    November 09, 2007 1:00 PM

    hehe@meeya

    i can actually read a lot of language, now learning to speak them is quite tricky ;)

    btw, i chanced upon the said post while looking for sites who links to me so i can link back. i think its bad netiquette to plagiarize imho.