Let Her Be...

Alex woke up from her afternoon nap too early. She slept for an hour only. But this is better compared to yesterday were she slept for only 15 minutes! But since I still have work to do I just let her stay in her playpen. Funny she just sat there, read books, play with her boom box, read some books, and never bother to ask me to carry her. You see, she's just a few meters away from me so I can see what she's doing. She can also sees me and call me anytime she wants to. I guess sometimes it's good to just let her be. I don't want her to cling on to me all the time. In short, I want her to be independent. And I know (and hope) that this is a good start.

I don't know why I exactly want this for her. Maybe I was raised like this. I don't know and can't remember exactly.

3 Response to "Let Her Be..."

  1. Ers says:
    November 16, 2007 8:20 AM

    i've read that when your child is happy playing by herself, you're right, just let her be. aside from traning her to be independent, you're making her feel that you dont have to be there for her to be happy. if you interupt them always, they'll feel that they need your attention always to have fun.

  2. Eds says:
    November 16, 2007 9:32 AM

    hi sis! ganyan din c aj, minsan gusto nya cya lang, w/c is good kc otherthan the support of the parents sa knilang dev't, they enhance their capabilities more when they learn something by themselves. Kudos to our kiddos sis! :)

  3. Anonymous Says:
    November 16, 2007 1:17 PM

    I agree na minsa ok yung hayaan natin silang mag entertain ng sarili nila. As long as in your one room ok yan. It builds their self esteem too. :)

    N!cE
    http://www.mommastuff.com
    http://www.nicemorning.net